Sunday, April 19, 2009

College TV Awards

One of the perks of working where I do is that we get to go to events such as the College TV Awards. I got to see Hiro Nakamura! He was my fave character when Heroes first began. For the longest time I couldn't say Nissan Versa w/out saying it twice like he did. The other guy on stage is Robin.



I felt the opposite of young at this awards show. All the students seemed super excited by the free wine on the table. At the end of the night, one particular group went around collecting unfinished bottles of wine from various tables before they got cleared away by the catering staff. From what I understood, they were going to guzzle it all once they got back to the hotel or in their shuttle on the way there. In the end though, I was very impressed by all of their work. Much of it was clearly better than some things I see on TV now.

Check out the new swingy haircut I got earlier that day at Double-O Salon in Eagle Rock. They share a space with Bughouse art+design.



I'm wearing for the first time, the silk Moschino top I got at a prop sale last year. It was unworn, still with tags. Another industry perk! Also scored at the same sale was an Etro silk brocade coat in a bright, canary yellow -- worn by Lily Tomlin! I still have the tag from the wardrobe dept. You can see a teeny bit of it in the photo by my left elbow. I'm not usually very fashionista but I'm definitely a sucker for a good deal and couldn't pass them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment