Thursday, April 30, 2009

TGHH: Multiple offers

We decide to make offers on both Glenrose and Chadwick. Yep, we now have offers out on three different homes at the same time. Four, counting our back-up on Berenice.

We wait only a little. I'm skipping details but basically, our offers on Glenrose and Chadwick are both accepted! Wow! How exciting! We have about a day and a half to decide between the two. Which one? Great area and a tiny house? Or not as great of an area with a perfectly sized house and an amazing view? Honestly, I'm leaning toward the tiny house -- I'm having mini-palpitations about waking up in that stilt house every morning.

Then, our agent calls again to ask, "Remember Berenice?" My heart leaps. I respond with more of a statement than a question, in hopes that it's true: "It's back." "It's back," she says. (yipee!) "If you guys want it, it's yours. The other buyer fell through." eek!

Now, we have to decide between the three.
1. 2. 3.

I take the next day off to visit all three again with Sergio and my mom. We even bring a contractor to Glenrose to see if he thought we could add. (He advised against it.) That night, we sat in my parent's kitchen making pro/con lists on each house, and then together. My parents helped talk us through each one. They clearly were opposed to Chadwick and thought we were crazy for even considering it.

After we mull over and discuss everything at least twice or three times, we come to a decision.

Berenice. The one we fell for first.

No comments:

Post a Comment