Monday, May 11, 2009

Americana's Farmer's Market


(Same developer as The Grove, same synchronized to music shooting water fountain.)

A few weekends ago, Sergio and I stumbled upon the new Saturday Farmer's Market at the Americana while waiting for my car to get serviced at the Glendale Toyota dealership. I had seen the signs but forgot it was that weekend. It was certainly the fanciest one we had ever been to, with a definite Disneyland vibe. Everything was so perfect and the booths all had matching signage. It was a bit odd, I guess. It felt like I was on movie set. Still, the fruit and veggies were real, and so were the nice people hawking their wares. It was a gorgeous morning and early enough for it not to be too crowded yet. Though, this will soon change as more people know about the market. We purchased a dozen fresh eggs and I admit, they taste markedly better than regular store-bought. We got slices of quiche from a French baker for Sunday morning. They were giving away canvas grocery bags and coupon booklets to promote the Americana restaurants and stores. We took advantage a restaurant coupon since there wasn't many cooked food stalls to choose from. It was a nearly perfect Saturday morning.



I insisted stopping by Anthropologie for some creative inspiration. I used to really dislike entering this store because everything seems so overpriced to me. BUT, I absolutely love their beautiful merchandise displays. I like to take time to browse through every tiny detail in their "home" areas. If you like interesting girly pretty websites, you have to check theirs out. I don't think I've ever purchased a stitch of clothing from this store. But I do own a few settings of flatware from them that I've been slowly accumulating to make a full service for six and then hopefully eight. This is the very first time I've ever seen something in a magazine (via someone's blog) and felt like I had to have it! So, I'm breaking up the purchasing since I think they cost too much -- mostly because we have perfectly good utensils. The last time I got a set was several months ago. Sergio thinks we have six already. I think we have five. I'll probably wait until my birthday to get more. Maybe I'll have all eight by end of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment