Saturday, May 9, 2009

Jenny's Bridal Shower Invitations

My lil' sis will be a June bride this year. As such, I, the Maid of Honor, and her other Bridesmaids, Fabi and Steph, have been diligently organizing her bridal shower to take place at month end. We split the duties - Food/Bev: Steph; Games: Fabi; Invites/Guestlist/Favors: Elsie. We decided on a French theme, an homage to Jenny's Francophile status. The colors dictated by the invites I purchased in moment of excitement and happiness -- a long time ago when she first told me about her engagement.


I added an Eiffel Tower stamp to the front and to the back of the envelope. (sorry for bad quality of photos. it was getting late and I was very tired.) Sergio advised placement of the stamp in the same area for both -- I think it looks nice.



I considered trying to print directly onto the square invite using my inkjet printer for the inside text. But thought it would be a sure thing if I used clear labels. For the most part, it was pretty easy, only a little tedious. It did take several attempts to space the text correctly so they would not print directly on top of the card's pre-printed dotted lines on the inside.


I used French Script font for some of the accent type --it's a standard found in MS apps -- so cute and just what I needed! Enclosed is a note describing a group gift we're giving guests the option of participating in. I printed the text on clear labels, stuck 'em to two-sided scrapbooking paper and used the Eiffel Tower on the other side to help tie back to the non-matching card.



I used giant circle shapes for the address labels (love Paper Source!). They left just enough room for postage. I'm going to need stamps plural because USPS thinks square is an odd shape and so, requires additional postage. Keep this in mind folks for your own invitation projects. Pictured is the one I'm handing to Jenny as a keepsake -- so there's no address. I also used round dots on the back. Slightly different blue but I think the echoing circle still works.



My hand cramped a little gripping the stamp, dabbing the inkpad and pressing firmly enough to leave a good impression! It did look neat all spread out on my desk.



No comments:

Post a Comment