Sunday, September 20, 2009

Kinky vs. One Hope Wine & Mr. Bubbles

Ok. So I totally meant to see this beloved band o' mine tonight. Free concert no less!! But, I didn't. I'm gettin' old methinks. I've seen them a few times and each time I love them more and more. Kinky is definitely a band to see in person. Recordings do not do them justice. But after a very pleasant Sunday, I was just a bit, dare I say, tired? And the prospect of elbow defending my little spot at the concert was just too much for me. So what did we do today?

We stopped by a yard sale where Sergio met someone who also trained in Muay Thai. He got the name of the gym and he's considering looking into it. I shudder a bit to imagine him sparring or in a match. :(

Then we went to the cafeteria at India Sweets & Spices for the first time. It is all vegetarian and ALL GOOD. yummers. The samosas are particularly mouthwatering. (Oh dear. I think we need to go back there soon. Who wants to join us?!?) Then we stopped into Pot-ted next door. So I've never had a favorite plant and pottery shop before. Now I do. Even Sergio loved it! They carry a vast rainbow array of gorgeous pottery and fountains in all sizes. Specialized in juicy succulents, they do custom plantings and were running a sale this past weekend! We came home with a bright green pot and a decorative ginkgo leaf wall sculpture. (pics later!)

After a quick visit to Fresh and Easy, I sort of conked out on the couch for a rare nap. It was pretty warm today and I awoke feeling odd.....

{'scuse me. the prettiest song came on kcrw just now...wow, who
IS that? Detour to kcrw.com for a sec....bear with me.

It's Fiona Apple!!! I haven't heard her in ages!! Song: Why Try to Change Me Now. It's jazzy and beautiful. Find it and hear it. wow. I listened to her first album over and over and over back in the day... Anyway, what was I rambling about earlier? Right.}

I woke up, repotted a plant in my new green pot, hung up my cool ceramic windchime....and then made caprese with the lush basil we have potted out front. And then, Sergio and I shared a bottle of One Hope Sauvignon Blanc. This is new to F&E and it was not bad. It's an intriguing concept. They donate 50% of all profit to a partner charity. The cause depends on the varietal:
  • Cabernet Sauvignon: Autism - ACT! Today
  • Chardonnay: Breast Cancer - Susan G. Komen
  • Merlot: AIDS - AIDS/LifeCycle
  • Sauvignon Blanc: The Planet - American Forest
  • Zinfandel: Our Troops - Snowball Express
I'm eager to try the others.

So...after that bottle of wine, I DEFINITELY didn't feel like the kinky crowd. I was a bit sad but then, I set up a date with Mr. Bubbles.

This was the first bubble bath I've had a chance to enjoy since moving into our house. Divine. Sergio lit candles for me and brought in the radio before retiring to his office to work on projects he'd been neglecting all weekend. I soaked while discovering possibly the best music show on kcrw ever. I'm still enjoying it (the music show) now.

Sigh. What a wonderful cap to a really nice weekend. I hope yours was equally lovely, if not more so.

P.S. Late last night, I spent some time drawing while Sergio was sleeping. The doodles are a bit cartoony but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I think I'll try to do that more often.











No comments:

Post a Comment