Friday, October 16, 2009

Indian Summer

Illustration by Nick Dewar

(Yeah, I probably shouldn't have used this image as it's not mine. But it's cool. I credit and link to the artist's website. And it is from the article I cite below. Hopefully no one will mind.)

*****************************************

It's 11PM and it's 75 degrees. It's hot. A melancholy kind of hot.

See Los Angeles Magazine article that expresses it nearly perfectly.

http://www.lamag.com/article.aspx?id=19810


God I wish I had a swimming pool RIGHT NOW. I don't think I've ever tried it myself, but nighttime swimming seems so...luxe, doesn't it? I mean, when it's so dang warm outside. Maybe we did once in Vegas. Can't be sure.

Since a starlit dip is highly unlikely, maybe we should consider a dark, cool, theater retreat this weekend? What do YOU want to see?

Movies I want to see:
  • Zombieland
  • Where the Wild Things Are
  • Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant
Will we see them this weekend? Probably not. It is more likely we'll end up at the Academy Theatre is Pasadena. $2 Matinee and $3 Evenings.
  • The September Issue
  • G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
  • The Hangover
  • Inglorious Basterds
I wonder if Sergio will agree to me going to September Issue while he goes to G.I. Joe.

Happy weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment