Monday, January 4, 2010

NYE 2009

Rodney and Michael invited us to their lovely home to celebrate New Year's Eve. We fully intended to leave early and ring in 2010 in our new home. But we were having so much fun, we didn't realize what time it was until Michael was placing hats on heads and it was already 11:30! Check out the fab snazziness adorning our crowns - amazing Lady Gaga inspired creations!

Upon arrival, we were blown away by the feast that Rodney expertly lavished upon us. He made everything himself. No pre-made dough or crusts for this guy. Let me just say, other Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches will never, ever compare. And the Parmesan Pin Wheels...Wasabi Crab Salad on Endive...Ginger Carrot dip...yum. Becky tried to keep me away from the Chicken Liver because it was so good. Yes, I'm not kidding. I was into that chicken liver. Pair all that with (Happy Birthday Michael) Coconut Cupcakes, free flowing bubbly, vino, conversation -- and it made for a perfect NYE party recipe! I honestly did not get the typical number of food photos I usually snap because I was busy putting the morsels in my mouth. I had three of the sandwiches. I kind of wish I put a couple more in my purse. Or my stomach. Whichever.



We ate and ate and talk and talked. Stories of James Beard, award winning carrots, and Antique Roadshow antics kept us rollicking until Michael debuted the party hats. He makes one for every guest every year! Look at how fun and adorable they are! Michael placed each hat on each guest just so.



Party poppers and streamers all around...and then Dick Clark helped us with the countdown.



...5...4...3..2...1!!



Thank you Rodney and Michael for such graciousness. We had a wonderful time!!

************************************************************************************

When we got home, Micio and Mia insisted on getting in on the Lady Gaga hat action. They were a little groggy but I'm sure also thrilled to be woken up for their first modeling job of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment