Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 4, 2010

July 4 fun!

Well, after the accidental firework attack on my car windshield during the broadcast of the Laker championship game, we decided to stay home for July 4. Just in case.

Lucky for us, friends showed their love by arriving at our house bearing food/drink.

Menu?

Kogi-style BBQ. Sounds awesome right? It was pretty awesome. Y-U-M. What a great idea! I totally recommend it.

Nels/Albert showed with the marinated meat and all the Korean fixings, and got to prepping right away. While they grilled, Becca whipped up a delicious bowl of homemade guacamole on the spot. I kept everyone suitably sloshed with countless margaritas made from scratch. (We ran out of tequila!) Amy served up a pound cake with vanilla ice cream and fresh berries dessert to cap off the night.

It really was a lot of fun. I'm so glad they decided to not let us spend July 4 alone.




P.S. We got a semi-private firework display from our backyard! Surprisingly large scale explosions. And yes, totally illegal. I was too tipsy to bother with getting pictures of them, but I did get video not of the fireworks but with audio of the popping noises. Almost the same, right? No, not really. I know.



P.P.S. We are loving our patio. Can you tell? Come and visit! You bring edibles and I'll make the 'ritas. Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment