Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wine Tasting - June 2011

Elsie and Sergio

Last month we helped my sister and her hubby celebrate their anniversary up in wine country. Sergio and I had a fantastic time and came home with a surprising number of bottles.

The Wine Gang
The Director
DSC05415

The Transporter
Chi is ready

The Italian
DSC05419

The Documentarian
DSC05498


The Good Times
We stayed at the just redone Hadsten House in Solvang and moseyed into tasting rooms all over the region. Solvang, Santa Ynez, Lompoc... I lost count of how many! One of the best meals of the trip was at Brother's Restaurant at Mattei's Tavern but I didn't have my camera with me. Thank goodness for Sergio's iPhone - I'll have to remind him to send them to me.

Palmina Tasting Room
DSC05429

Olsen's Danish Bakery
Danish breakfast

Kenneth Volk Vineyard
My favorite of the trip!

Los Olivos Cafe
burger

Quicksilver Ranch
Tiny horse

Bridlewood Winery (That's Jenny and Chi up there!)
Chi and Jenny in the bell tower!

Me and my sis

I kinda want to go back already! That's the problem with vacations isn't it? They're always too short.

Click here to see the full set of photos.

Thanks for inviting us on the trip guys! And happy anniversary!
Jenny and Chi

No comments:

Post a Comment