Friday, October 19, 2012

Whoosh

13 weeks
13 weeks

I'm 15 weeks (nearly 16) now so this photo outdated. I don't have another good belly one that's not on Sergio's camera so...imagine the bump just a teensy bit bigger. I haven't gained much weight since then and am expecting a sudden spurt any day now.

Anyway, today was a really good day. I had a doctor's appointment in the morning and though there was no ultrasound, I got to hear baby's heartbeat again. The doctor couldn't find it at first which spooked me. I feel so great -- I don't "feel pregnant," which I am ecstatic about but of course, makes me wonder and worry at the same time. The doctor said that the baby is just really active and wouldn't hold still. In fact, I'm beginning to feel little flutters of movement! She finally found it a little lower on my abdomen than expected -- whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh -- so strong, so quick. I got to hear it for less than 30 seconds but it was awesome. Gosh, just thinking about laying there, listening to that reassuring beat is kind of making me teary right now.

The second part of the appointment was about my blood test results which I passed with flying colors. Yay! The second I turned 35, I was placed into a higher risk category for by baby to develop birth defects and other diseases. So today's results were a relief. There is a second half to the big test that we'll get the results for in a few weeks but everything is looking good. We get another ultrasound in three weeks, which is when they will be able to tell the sex. (!!!)

Sigh. It's all happening so fast and so slow at the same time. All you mommas and soon-to-be mommas know what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment