Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Getting fancy

My baby shower was the perfect opportunity to get fancy. I suspect it may be a long time before I get so gussied up again so I made a conscious decision to relish it.

I don't know about you, but I LOVE the ritual of getting ready for a special occasion. Hanging up the dress, curling my lashes, picking out jewelry, being especially careful with eyeliner...it floods back memories of school dances and special date nights. All the celebrations I've attended. I think about the times I got ready with my sister or girlfriends. As my baby shower day approached, I found myself wishing I had a girlfriend with me at the salon. But they were all helping set up my shower! :) Now I'm glad I didn't. The leisurely morning was a gift that allowed me to quietly contemplate and enjoy the excited expectation and gratitude I felt for the day.

Have you been to The Dry Bar? If you haven't and decide to, it's worth springing for the floater scalp massage. Sooooo goooood. They offered me tea and cookies, and Devil Wears Prada was on. So it's pretty much girly heaven. They made my hair look so fancy. I pinned in new Ban.do flair I got just for the occasion. I took my time with my makeup. I slipped on a dress I spied for 50% at Letters from L.A.. I nearly squealed in the store fitting room when it zipped it all the way up.

Hair transformation in progress. Also, just got a floater and Devil Wears Prada is on the tv. Sooo this is pretty much heaven? Getting ready for Baby Shower Getting ready for Baby Shower

Sergio told me I looked beautiful. (swoooon.....) And you know, I felt it. Sure the beauty tricks help but honestly, I just felt so incredibly happy to have arrived at this particular day.

No comments:

Post a Comment