Thursday, January 1, 2015

#elauinc365

On January 1, 2014, I challenged myself to post one photo a day on Instagram for one year. I posted my final photo for this project yesterday.

Rules
1) The photo had to have been taken that same day.
2) The photo had to be posted before midnight of that same day.

What I learned
1) I learned new photo editing techniques and how to take better iPhone photos in general.
2) Mustering up the discipline to take one photo a day is actually really hard!
3) I learned to recognize the beauty in ordinary moments.
4) I am on Instagram way too often. I'm aiming for quality as opposed to quantity in 2015.

I'm thankful for what the project has brought and it was the perfect way for me to keep journaling despite not having the time to blog. My daily presence on IG has led to new real life connections and additional areas of growth that I would never have experienced otherwise (like joining L.A. Cake Club!) I miss blogging though so I'll do my best to come back here more often.

You can locate my project within Instagram by searching for #elauinc365. I've embedded the gallery below as well. Hover over the bottom edge of the gallery to unhide navigation to the next page.

No comments:

Post a Comment