Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Fort Bragg - January 8, 2015

We arrived in Fort Bragg after the scariest drive of my life. We took the 20 over from the 101 and that was a huge mistake. Extremely curvy, this narrow road snaked through dense woods, and it was dark. A car was on my tail for much of the two lane road and I was already going too quickly for my taste. We learned later that it was really mostly a locals/logging road.

DSC04476

We didn't hang out in Fort Bragg for very long. That drive really took the wind out of our sail. But we did visit Pacific Star Winery, the westernmost winery in the country where I tasted a Muscat I liked and bought. Then I took a quick walk over to the cliffs above Glass Beach for a few photos. Luca had fallen asleep in the car and Sergio stayed behind with him.

DSC04482

DSC04496

DSC04498

It really was beautiful.

DSC04508

DSC04516

DSC04527

Damn. This is one set of photos I really wish I had time to edit, color correct, etc.

This day was part of a 10 day roadtrip exploring northern California.
Itinerary: LA, SLO, SF, San Rafael/Mill Valley (Muir Woods), Fort Bragg, Napa, SLO, LA
Travel Dates: 1/2/2015 - 1/11/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment