Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hope Tree

A lot has happened in my life since this day 10 years ago. At the time, I was working my second job out of college at yet another failing dot com, living with an old but distancing friend in a West L.A. apartment, Sergio was living 3000 miles away in Boston. Priorities shifted soon after that terrible day. Sergio made the decision to move to where I was...and it was like my life bloomed.

Case in point, yesterday. A good friend came to my house in the morning and we strolled down to our favorite coffee shop (where I said hello to neighbors) and we sat and chatted and took our time. We took in some art and perused local wares. After lunch in Eagle Rock, we strolled some more, visiting shops with friendly shopkeepers, and just enjoyed being leisurely and our company.

On the way home, we came across this special tree on the grounds of a small neighborhood church. Droplets of hope sprouted and suspended from the branches.

Hopes sway with the breeze

Some clung and swayed, braving the breezes together.

Hope cluster

Some were silly. Some were beautifully simple.

Love this hope

When we got home, Sergio was there and we listened to him tell stories of his own inspiring day.

It was quiet, ordinary and wonderful.

I hope the next 10 years are just as perfect as this day.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Elsie. Thanks for sharing these droplets of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathy and you're welcome. It was such a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete