Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday in Silver Lake

Betsy and I got mani/pedis at Harmony while Sergio went to the driving range at Griffith Park and Justin did yard work. Afterward, we all met up at the Red Lion Tavern. It's quickly becoming our spot to just sit and chill. We had champagne splits. Betsy got potato pancakes and I ordered turkey bratwurst. I got kind of bored with my food and gave most of it to Sergio. It wasn't bad--I just wasn't that into it. The sauerkraut was surprisingly sour but pretty good. I rarely eat it so I'm not sure if it's the best I've tasted...but I did like it a lot.



B&J invited us to a casual veggie BBQ at their place for later in the afternoon -- a couple of Justin's work friends were stopping by pre-Staple center. We like hanging with B&J so of course we said yes!

Apparently, they gave their resident elf a new house. Little F-er was a gift from Betsy's mom and his house was a gift to Betsy from Justin.















We also got to see their Worm Factory composter. I so want one! Betsy got it at All Shades of Green on Rowena. Maybe one day...when we have that backyard...we'll get our very own worms.



Betsy introduced us to a potato football -- basically potato slices wrapped in foil into a football shape. We put in garlic paste, a little salt, olive oil and a bunch of herbs. Everything turned out real yummy.



It's always so relaxing hanging at their house.





No comments:

Post a Comment