Sunday, April 12, 2009

BabyShowerExtravaganza!

I had the auspicious honor of attending two baby showers on Saturday. Both were so much fun! I count myself lucky to be included in such joyful moments.

Baby Shower #1: Martha Evonuk
As explained in my very first blog post, my friend Martha is a mother to be. She lives in Germany and her friends and family are sprinkled across the US. Her friend Erin organized a virtual baby shower using a blog. It is really this baby shower that caused me to start blogging!



It was all very clever, with all the trappings of a traditional shower -- except for food. There were decorations, games, prizes and presents!

It was so cool! We all chatted back and forth via comments and posts on the blog. I got to play two games, one of which was Bingo. Martha received children's books that were meaningful to each guest. Sergio picked Where the Wild Things Are and I picked Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Unfortunately I had to leave right as Martha unwrapped the last gift and the third game was starting.

You see, I had baby shower #2 to attend.


Baby Shower #2: Jennie Jackson

Alpna hosted Jennie's baby shower at Jennie's new apartment. It's a really nice place -- so breezy and bright. Alpna did an amazing job with everything. The table, food and decor looked like it jumped off the pages of a magazine! (more pics of decor/food at the very end.) Alps made all the desserts herself, including the chocolates! Everything was so tasty and lovely. The finger sandwiches were perfect--there were 6 different kinds. Or 5. I can't remember. I think Jennie made those. I do remember not being able to stop eating in general.
Rebecca & Alpna


Guess Jennie's circumference!

Are you a Gerber baby? We had to taste and guess what each jar of baby food was. Some of it really didn't taste very good.

Maggie chaperoned the party. I bet she would've been good at the baby food game.



Feed the baby while rocking it game -- how many cotton balls can you shove into the baby's mouth in 40 seconds? (sorry the video cuts short. ran out of battery!)

Gracious hostess as ever, Alps made sure each guest went home with a very pretty and very thoughtful gift basket.


Eat your heart out Martha Stewart, you ain't got a thing on Alpna Patel!





It was a beautiful, beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment