Sunday, October 4, 2009

Well, hello there Autumn.

Autumn is here. In LA. I know, this wonderful season is a little further along in other parts of the country, but that's how it is. We woke to crisp and clear sky, puffy white clouds and the teensiest nip in the air. I wore a long sleeved shirt AND a jacket. I considered a light scarf. If that doesn't mean fall, I don't know what does.

Last night, we had our very first sit-down family dinner in our house. It was in honor of the Harvest Moon festival. It was so nice and perfect to see our family enjoying a meal around our dining room in our house. (It still thrills me to type that: "our house.") Chi spent 4 hours smoking up some tri-tip and it was A-MAZ-ING. I made pesto mashed potatoes, sauteed zucchini and squash, and a no bake graham cracker eclair dessert, served with chocolate and strawberry ice cream.




Besty joined us for dessert and bubbly. ( Justin was in LB for a music fest thing. Again, way too many events happened on Saturday!) I really wish I got a picture of her. She was rockin' a new blonder 'do and a faux-leather biker-chic jacket. She looked awesome. Actually, B+J were the ones who gave us the basil as a housewarming gift with which I made the pesto.

I took this tonight, not last night. I missed the rising moon last night because I was busy cooking. Still it was big and bright. I know it's way blurry. I really am not good at holding still. The camera doesn't have the lens to do the scene justice anyway. Maybe time for a new camera?


(Photo up top is from our front door. Yep, blurry. It's way better in person.)

No comments:

Post a Comment