Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thrift Art! Les Tuileries (maybe)



Thought I'd take a break from the weekend celebration recap posts (yes there's still more) with some thrift art! I snapped up this pretty painting at our usual thrifty haunt. I can't say it was cheap, because it wasn't to me. But, relative to what is normal for an original oil painting of this size, not bad at all.

The painting is 48 inches wide by 23.5 inches tall. With the frame, it's 56 x 32! Big.

I got it with the living room in mind. But it didn't work in the space. So, it is idling on its end on the floor, against our bedroom wall.




After much online research, we think this is a depiction of Les Tuileries in Paris. We can't find any info on the artist, nor can we read the signature clearly. I lovelovelove the colors. To me, it looks like the 1940s-50s, it's a lovely weekend day, not too long after a spring shower, just enough of a teeny nip in the air to make handholding more of a treat than usual... très romantique, non?

No comments:

Post a Comment