Monday, January 3, 2011

A bed.

Remember our final goal for 2010? Here are the before and afters, as promised.


12.31.10


1.1.11 - We think it's dreamy.




Unexpected bonus: Our mattress is now magically comfortable! Turns out, that old box spring it sat on really wasn’t much support. I had always thought we simply made an unwise mattress selection years ago which has resulted in near daily morning backaches for both of us. The mattress now sits directly on the bed’s wood slats and coupled with the dramatic new height, bedtime is suddenly infused with fancy hotel bed-ness. We love it.

P.S. I'm very clumsy when it comes to IKEA furniture. um... Who am I kidding? I'm just generally clumsy all the time. So Sergio put together nearly the entire bed. I only helped hold up a couple boards. He was very conscious of my our goal to get it done before the new year. And he did it! My hero.

2 comments: