Monday, August 8, 2011

Nora and Bebi - Summer 2011

Nora and Bebi were in 'da house this past week. (Yep, I did use "in 'da house"!) If you remember, they were here about a year ago when Bebi helped Sergio finish the steps on our gravel patio. This time, Bebi was put to work on a fountain installation (while he was still in his pajamas) the morning after they arrived. Of course we took them to our new haunts around the city. I missed out on their favorite due to work, which was the Palm Springs Art Museum. I did get to be part of nightly movie night. So cozy.

DSC05828

Sampling of what we watched:
All Good Things
Herb & Dorothy
Exit Through the Gift Shop
Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child
Harry Brown
Plunkett & Macleane

I love being a tourist in my own city.

DSC05801
DSC05823
Spitfire Girl
DSC05834
DSC05832
Nora_Bebi_PS
DSC05836
DSC05844
DSC05837
Nora_Bebi_Encounter
Encounter_ClamChowder
Encounter

And, as you can see, I got to go to Encounter for the first time! The prices were a bit high but the view was great and elevator super cool. I definitely want to go back and sit at the bar next time.

I close this post with two Bebi stories.

Story #1
Post Vinoteca Farfalla, we took a moment to admire the wares in Spitfire Girl before heading down a few doors to Alcove. On the way out the door Bebi said to the gal being the counter: "Very nice but too expensive." She replied, "I'm sorry."

Story #2
Nora really wanted to visit Palm Springs. We warned them of the heat more than a few times. Stepping out of the car upon arrival, on the way to lunch, Bebi was unimpressed. "This isn't so hot." Upon exiting the restaurant, the temperature had gone way up. His shoes melted. Not kidding. The soles of his sandals melted off. He had to get new ones.

:)


I didn't take very many photos this time. But you can see a few more on my flickr page.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, i LOVED "herb and dorothy". thank goodness for netflix streaming pointing me to so many good documentaries! made me want to not have kids and use all that extra money to buy art and travel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW how you feel jessica! sigh. I was thinking that exact same thought yesterday. lol!

    ReplyDelete