Despite not having much tangible evidence of impending parenthood, there's been other stuff. In no particular order:
- Baby is ACTIVE. Like right this second. Kicking and punching and pushing. It really startles me at times. Last week, I was sitting on the couch, relaxing in the evening. Sergio had dozed off per usual as of late. Baby was really pushing hard and it was kind of uncomfortable. I think it was his hip or butt. So I pushed back with my hand. Gently mind you. His reaction? I think he punched me back. It was so sudden and strong that it tickled. I laughed out loud!
- I can't seem to find a body position that allows me to sleep through the night. Inevitably I need to switch sides or rearrange pillows because my hip or back is hurting or an arm has gone numb. Or I have to go pee. Which brings me to the next item...
- I pretty much live in the bathroom now. Our doula prescribed 4 liters of water daily. Wow that's challenging. I think I've been able to get up to around 3 liters but haven't quite hit the magic 4. She says it would prevent swelling. It must work because there's been no swelling so far!
- Psst! We've decided on a name. But we're keeping it a secret!
- I've picked a leave date for work. HUGE step.
- My baby shower is this weekend! I'm super excited. I got a new dress and everything. It's a non-maternity, empire waist dress I got on the sale rack and I think it's so pretty! There was some risk I would outgrow it in the chest area before the shower but as of two days ago, it still fit!
- I'm itchy. Really, really itchy. All over my torso. I've tried all kinds of oils, lotions, sleeping with a humidifier. Jessica from JessOhBee cured her case with cod liver oil and coconut oil, ingested. I may have to pick some of that stuff up tomorrow.
- I officially waddle now.
I am so lucky. It's all still magic.