Friday, March 15, 2013

Neverland: Leaving and Returning

Today was my last day at work before going on maternity leave. Frankly, I was ready a week ago. Sure I'll miss my coworkers. But I've been ready. Ready for the space. Ready to make a clean break from how I conducted my life before our little guy enters it. Ready to concentrate on becoming a mama.

There are definite moments of melancholy when I think about how much change is about to happen. I'm typically the biggest change cheerleader. But this is sort of huge. I know I will miss the dynamic of us being just me and Sergio. I know I will miss the indulgence of only needing to mind for myself. I know I will miss feeling my little baby inside of me.

"But it will be so much better," said Sergio. Yes. I know. Even though, how could I really know since I've never been a mom before. But I do know and I'm excited for it. Still. It's this odd sensation. Kind of like I'm Peter Pan about to leave Neverland. Perhaps I should turn that notion around? Maybe I should think of it as if I'm about to take Peter Pan's little hand and soar into Neverland forever.


Me in my cubicle, just before leaving to have my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment